Katie is Opwall’s Environment Officer as well as being on our Fundraising Team. Katie graduated from the University of Portsmouth in 2015 with a BSc in Marine Environmental Science and after travelling for a while, she went back to university to study an MSc in Coastal and Marine Resource Management. She joined Opwall in April 2018 as a member of the fundraising team. After a season in Indonesia, Katie now manages our newest project in Borneo.
In this episode, we discuss how to be kinder to the environment this holiday season. Listen here!
Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, & where ever else you like to listen!
- [0.43] Katie’s background
- [2.46] What inspired you to become a scientist and work in conservation?
- [4.32] Why did you want to work at Opwall and what are your roles there today?
- [8.07] A background of how Katie’s Environmental Officer role came to be
- [10.06] What is your favourite green holiday tradition?
- [12.04] Katie’s tips for reducing waste over the holidays
- [15.45] What kind of experiences can be given as gifts as opposed to material possessions?
- [19.36] Do individual actions really make a difference in decreasing holiday waste?
- [21.30] What is one small change that you’ve committed to recently (or plan to for the new year) to live more sustainability and reduce waste?
- [24.00] How can people effectively and sensitively address controversial topics with friends and family this holiday season?
- [26.40] What keeps Katie fighting to protect biodiversity?