TRAVEL INCLUSIVE BOOKING CONDITIONSThe following conditions form the basis of your contract.
1) MAKING A BOOKING AND PAYING YOUR DEPOSIT AND FINAL BALANCEA deposit of £150 must be paid on completion of the booking and sent in with a signed booking form. A payment schedule will be agreed to spread the remaining payments over a series of part payments leading up to the expedition but the final balance must be received 10 weeks before departure. Please note that the person signing the booking form undertakes that the full payment will be made. Payment of the deposit confirms you comply with booking conditions.
2) THE PRICE OF YOUR EXPEDITION AND SURCHARGESWhilst we reserve the right to amend prices upwards or downwards at any time, it is our policy to offer expeditions at a clear and firm price. However, the factors that may force us to surcharge you include government action, changes to the cost of currency or fuel - unless full payment is made six months or more prior to your departure date.
3) IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR BOOKINGIf individuals within the booked group cancel, others can replace them from the school with no cancellation charges applicable. If alternatives cannot be found cancellation will involve the loss of the £150 deposit per person and the following additional charges on a per person basis:
|Period before departure||Cancellation charge|
|1st October - 31st December prior to the year of expedition||25%|
|1st January - 28th February in the year of expedition||50%|
|1st March - 30th April in the year of expedition||50%|
|1st May - to expedition||100%|
4) IF OPERATION WALLACEA CANCELS OR CHANGES YOUR BOOKING
4.1 – Expedition Itinerary
We reserve the right to amend certain aspects of your expedition itinerary at any time in line with the overall objectives and context of the expedition. In the unlikely event of Operation Wallacea deeming travel to your particular destination unsafe for any reason, more than 3 months before departure, we will provide a suitable alternative. As a result we are unable to refund any monies, beyond the conditions outlined above. We undertake not to cancel any expedition closer than 3 months to the expedition start date unless in exceptional circumstances such as war, riots, civil strife, industrial action so severe that alternative transport and accommodation cannot be provided, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, technical problems with transport and similar unforeseeable circumstances where compensation payments cannot be made.
4.2 – Travel Elements before and after Expedition
Your travel with Operation Wallacea may involve using multiple suppliers. Our suppliers, who provide the travel elements of your package, may need to cancel or amend your reservation details. We will ensure that you are promptly notified of any significant changes, but cannot accept responsibility for costs associated with travel delays caused by third parties (such as flight delays or airline schedule changes). Therefore we strongly recommend that you ensure your travel insurance policy covers travel interruption.
If the supplier makes a significant change to your travel booking, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of travel arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a comparable standard from us, (we will refund any price difference if the alternative has a lower value), or cancelling your booked travel arrangements and receiving a full refund. Changes to travel may include (but are not limited to): a change of UK departure airport, except between London airports, a change of supplier, a change in the time of your departure or return flight by more than 12 hours.
Refunds on travel arrangements cannot be made if a significant change is made for reasons beyond our control. These include: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, epidemics, health risks, changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or alteration of the airline or aircraft type; closed or congested airports or ports, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar event.
If you have booked a flight and we are alerted to a significant schedule change by your airline before you leave the UK, we will contact you by email to advise you of this. Please ensure that you have given your contact email address to Operation Wallacea and that you regularly check for messages before you leave. Operation Wallacea has no control over airline schedule changes and accepts no liability for costs which may arise as a result of such changes. It is your responsibility to check with the airline that any flights you have confirmed are operating as booked. We strongly recommend that you contact your airline at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure of each flight to do this. Please note that for some airlines it is mandatory to confirm with them your intention to fly.
5) DATA PROTECTIONOperation Wallacea complies with the Data Protection Act 1988. The information that you provide us with will be used to organise your booking. This may include sharing your contact details with our travel partners in order to assist you with booking flights and making any other travel arrangements. No personal or medical information will be passed on.
6) JURISDICTION AND LEGAL ASPECTSPlease note that when you have read the booking conditions above and signed your booking form, and when a confirmation invoice has been issued by or on behalf of ourselves or the relevant supplier, you enter into a binding contract which will be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales. All the flights and flight-inclusive packages prepared by Operation Wallacea bookings team are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay your deposit you will be supplied with an ATOL certificate.
7) WHAT DOES THE TRAVEL INCLUSIVE BOOKING WITH OPERATION WALLACEA INCLUDE?
8) WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?